Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trees, Sunshine, and us.

There I was, in the forest. Trees, tree’s everywhere. Everywhere I look there are trees. The sunlight pours through the crack the tree line makes, a shattered sky, little blue shards of light filtering down. I lay there. I lay there on the dirt, leaves, and branches and feel the warmth hit my face, the little piece of sun shine that becomes my own personal sliver of light. If I could catch it and put it in a jar maybe I could save this moment forever. Maybe all of the feelings I have right now in my heart, maybe I could feel them whenever I want too. All I would have to do is open my box of sunshine.
 This is a perfect moment. As I turn too look at you and see you smile with your lips, oh those lips that are soft like an angel’s wing, I realize once again that I love you. I stare into those beautiful eyes, the ones the color of chocolate drops, candy that contrasts your white chocolate skin. When I stare at those eyes it’s like staring at the midnight sky for the first time. Overtaken by the spectacle of beauty I find something new every time I look at them. I get lost in them every time, but I don’t want to find my way back. You reach your had over to grab mine and are fingers intertwine, fitting together like two pieces of a puzzle that have finally found there home. Together we make something new, something that you can’t see when we are a part. When I hold your hand it’s like our souls blend together like spiraling paint in a bucket slowly becoming thinner, individual colors and then melting into become one. We are one soul together. Blue and yellow make green.
Our souls become two notes, notes that when played together make a chord more beautiful then the notes played separate. At this moment all else fades away and there is no time there is no you and me, there is no forest, there are no trees. All that’s left is us. We are in love. At least I think so. I have never felt love so I can’t be certain. Though I’ve never felt this feeling either so they match the same description. If this isn’t love, if it’s something different though, I don’t want to be in love. I just want to be with you. This feeling can’t be love. Everyone feels love, only we are feeling this, right now. This feeling is us.
Together, by some miracle, we are a feeling. We are our feeling. We are a miracle. We are harmonic connections; we are something outside of time and space, something that is not governed by reality or laws of physics. We create our own rules. We are our own rules. Who are other people to tell us that we’re wrong? They are not a feeling, they are not us. We don’t know if they are real, but we know that we are. If we know anything, it’s that both of us exist. We validate each other’s existence. I feel love from her and she feels love from me. Because we feel we know we are real and because we feel each other we know each other are real. We know we are real. We know that this is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment